Upgrade might have failed? Or didn't do anything? Questions before I retry

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJVege

Dabbler
Hey guys,

I've backed up my config and stopped all services. Using the GUI upgrade method, I'm upgrading from 8.0.4 p3 X64 to FreeNAS-8.2.0-RELEASE-p1-x64.GUI_Upgrade.

After putting in the sha sum, hit apply.. and it took off doing its thing. Left me on the "Apply" page. After 5 minutes, i refreshed and it just loaded the main screen "system Information" screen.

FreeNAS Build: FreeNAS-8.0.4-RELEASE-p3-x64 (11703)
OS Version: FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p9

?? I'm guessing this isn't correct. Should I just try again?

The log is attached in an image. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

...DJVege...

EDIT: When choosing the firmware update file, mine was on a USB drive connected to my main PC, if that makes a difference.. though I doubt it.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 247

DJVege

Dabbler
Don't worry. Tried again and it updated successfully. It took 14 minutes though to update on my system.

I'm not sure, but maybe my refreshing IE within 5 minutes of starting the upgrade the first time might have interrupted the upgrade..??

All good now. GUI upgrade works flawlessly. Just let it go and do its thing. Hook up a monitor to see what its doing if you think it is taking too long.

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
Remember saving your config file (Settings->General) before proceeding...

You can always reinstall fresh and upload config file...

Stephen J

Dabbler
Mine essentially did the same thing. Did a GUI upgrade according to the instructions. Watched the console. It rebooted twice as expected and came back with 8.0.4. I have another Flash drive, maybe I will image it with the new version and upload the config since I already have that saved. I assume there is no need to export the pool or anything right?

Stephen

DJVege

Dabbler
No, I didn't export my pool. Save your config, though.

My first time failed (well, no error, just came back with 8.04. Second time (GUI upgrade) worked though. Took 14 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.