Upgrade/downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Evans

Explorer
Just wanted to shoot a quick update. Everything has been ordered. Case already arrived, I will take pics and update the OP with them as more stuff arrives. :)

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Just wanted to shoot a quick update. Everything has been ordered. Case already arrived, I will take pics and update the OP with them as more stuff arrives. :)
What did you actually end up ordering?

Jason Evans

Explorer
What did you actually end up ordering?
Case was the LIAN-LI A75.
Cpu, mobo, and heat sink you recommended. I ordered several of the cables you linked as well, the forward break out, the SAS expander card. Everything you suggested minus the pci-e extender. Also ordered a few odds and ends for an "incase" moment. Longer single sata data cables, some male 4 pin molex to female sata power 6 on each and 2 of them. Um. Extra TIM, some air. A USB header to USB dongle.

Think that's it lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Please keep us updated on your build. How is it going?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Jason Evans

Explorer
Please keep us updated on your build. How is it going?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
It's done and fired up. I'm going to be uploading the pics I took along the way while building it. Was thinking if doing a build thread, cause I had a few issues? Thoughts? Or should I just update OP with a big "edit"?

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
It's done and fired up. I'm going to be uploading the pics I took along the way while building it. Was thinking if doing a build thread, cause I had a few issues? Thoughts? Or should I just update OP with a big "edit"?
Sure, make a build thread, just put a link here so it is easy to get from this one to that one.
If you have any questions, ask. There are lots of folks on the forum that would love to help you any way we can.

Jason Evans

Explorer
Sure, make a build thread, just put a link here so it is easy to get from this one to that one.
If you have any questions, ask. There are lots of folks on the forum that would love to help you any way we can.
Ok sweet. I'll definitely do that when it's done. I appreciate your help with picking out these upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.