Upgrade 7.2 to 8.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makaveli6103

Contributor
I looked but didn't see that 8.2 allows in place upgrade from 7.2 like promised. Did I miss it?

ProtoSD

MVP
Nope, I think that feature has been pushed back. How are your disks formatted? If you're using ZFS you can import your pool, otherwise there's not any easy way to upgrade.

Makaveli6103

Contributor
I am using ZFS via a Raid-Z pool. I am going to wait until 8.2 is out of beta before I upgrade because I need torrent support. But I will need to look on how to import my pool after upgrading.

ProtoSD

MVP
I'd do a scrub of your pool and export it on version 7 before you upgrade. Then it should be as simple as flashing a new USB disk, plugging it in, booting and doing your basic config (network etc.), and then going to Storage->Volumes->Auto Import.

You could try it now and go back to version 7 as long as you don't do a "zpool upgrade" to your pool until after you're ready to completely switch over. It's probably a good idea to export your pool each time before switching between 7 and 8 while you're experimenting.

PANiCnz

Cadet
Great news, ive done the whole export/import a few times before and was wondering if it would work with FreeNAS 8. Once 8.2 goes final i'm going to pull the trigger!

Status
Not open for further replies.