Upgrade 11.1-U6 => 11.2 - Cannot Unlock Volume - Legacy UI Not Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstanley

Cadet
Hey guys,

I just updated to 11.2 from 11.1-U6 and there does not appear to be any way to unlock my encrypted zpool.

Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 2.44.51 AM.png

I tried to access the legacy UI, however this just redirects me back to the main UI with a message saying "System is not yet available" but it never changes.

Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 2.46.07 AM.png

Any suggestions? Known bug? I am currently installing 11.2 from scratch and hopefully I will be able to import my data. Always a pain when I upgrade hehe :)

EDIT:

Couldn't get the upgraded image to work. I installed 11.2 from scratch and then imported the backup. When I imported the backup, the old volume was still showing up. I tried unlocking it with the key and passphrase, but it failed to unlock. I detached that pool (making sure not to delete any content etc) and added a new pool, selecting the disks that make it up.

Now when I click next, it prompts me to select a key - which I already have provided. Would not let me continue. Seems like the UI needs some work :)
Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 11.32.03 AM.png

There is no way for me to access these disks from the new 11.2 UI

The way I was finally able to get the disks imported and decrypted was on the fresh install, the LEGACY UI worked, however - I was not able to decrypt the pool with HTTPS enabled. I had to switch to HTTP mode - then I was able to import the disks in the LEGACY UI using the key and passphrase. I re-enabled HTTPS and switched back over to the 11.2 new UI and am able to resume business as usual.

Seems like there is still some work to be done in regards to encrypted pools :D

Last edited:

Jeremy MItchell

Dabbler
Now when I click next, it prompts me to select a key - which I already have provided. Would not let me continue. Seems like the UI needs some work :)

In the new UI, you have to click the "upload" button after selecting the keyfile. It's not terribly obvious that it's a button, or that it has successfully uploaded the key after you do, but it does work.

When I upgraded, I first detached the encrypted pools in 11.1, did the upgrade, then imported the pools in the new UI. Everything worked fine after I figured out the upload button part.

Status
Not open for further replies.