Updating Java on FreeNAS 9.10.2, how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durahl

Dabbler
On my FreeNAS 9.10.2 Server I need to upgrade Java from 1.7 to 1.8 in order to run the latest Minecraft 1.12 Server using the current MineOS 9.3.5 Plugin.

How does stupid ( me ) bring Java up to 1.8?

Thanks in advance for a laymen friendly explanation =)

Durahl

Dabbler
My impression is that the suggested thread is discussing on how to install the, back in 2016, latest version of MineOS, not the latest version of Java.

MineOS works fine as long as I plan to keep on playing Minecraft 1.11.2 as it then is content the already installed Java 1.7.
With the release of Minecraft 1.12 in the past week or so Java 1.8 has become a necessity - How do I update FreeNAS to Java 1.8?

That is correct, that thread is to update the plugin the latest version of MineOS, node.js and Java.

If you just want to install Java 8, stop your MineOS plugin, login to your jail, and run the last step pkg install -y openjdk8 and start the plugin.

Edit: That being said, you may still need some of the other changes listed in the thread, to make the plugin aware that you installed Java 8. If you can't get it to work, I would recommend to either make the subject of your post more specific, i.e. to include MineOS plugin, or to link to your post in the thread that discusses the MineOS plugin.

Last edited:

Durahl

Dabbler
Took me a while to figure out how to log into the Jail to install the pkg with the provided code sample - Explains a LOT of issues I had before.
For now it looks like MineOS keeps using it's own and still present JDK7 install - Not sure what to look out for in the MineOS Update thread to fix that.

For now I'm also keeping an eye on a MineOS Forum thread discussing this very same issue.
Well... Discussing might not be the right description... They're telling OP to do things but not how -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.