Updating iocage Plugins

Theapplefuture

Dabbler
Hello Erverybody,

First I hope that I’m in the right sub thread so if I’m wrong please correct me…

Background story is, that I have two plugins (Plex and Emby) installed on my FreeNAS 11.2 Virutal Machine (I run a FreeNAS Server on a real Hardware on 11.1 U7 but want to test the "new" system on a VM first before I install it onto my real machine) and I get messages from both plugin webpages that an update is available (On Plex I have installed Version 1.15.2.793 and it tells me I can install version 1.15.3.858 and on Emby I have version 4.0.2.0 installed and the page tells me I can install 4.1.0.26).

I have tried to update Plex via the FreeNAS GUI, through Shell and the Plex Updater.sh. Same with emby but whether I get error messages or it tells me it succeed but still I am on the same version (at least the webpages of my two plug-ins tell me so).

This brings me two my question(s):

1. Did I do something wrong or is it because of the iocage version not available yet?

2. To update a plug-in is it as simple as to update a plugin via shell OR through the FreeNAS GUI?
    1. If yes can it be automatized that every week it tires to update the plug-ins and if there is a new version it automatically updates the plug-in and then restarts it and if there is no new version nothing happens?

Thanks for your help

D

dlavigne

We're testing the update to Plex 1.15.2.793 and will do a blog and forum post sometime next week when this batch of updated plugins finishes testing.

For Emby, that is the latest FreeBSD pkg version so we don't have an update for that one yet.