Updating from 9.10.2-U2 to 9.10.2-U3 gets stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonDallas71

Cadet
Updating from 9.10.2-U2 to 9.10.2-U3 gets stuck. I have deleted the new 9.10.2-U3 boot partition, rebooted and tried again with the same result. The new partition never gets activated. Usually it updates and reboots itself with no issues, but not this time.

Check Now
(2/2) Installing packages
60%

20%
Installing base-os (1/5)

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
USB flash drive? Wait. Wait some more. Keep waiting.

DonDallas71

Cadet
Never mind. It just took an abnormally long time to apply the update compared to the normal time. It finally finished on it's own. Also took an unusually long time to boot up after the update.

Yes, USB flash boot. Sandisk USB 2.0 Cruzer Fit

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Never mind. It just took an abnormally long time to apply the update compared to the normal time. It finally finished on it's own. Also took an unusually long time to boot up after the update.

Those are the worst...

Redcoat

MVP

Exactly the same experience here - loonnngggg update (watching a pair of Sandisk USB 2.of Cruzer Fit lights flashing away) and the worryingly-long boot. I only did my backup system so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.