Updated to 11.1-U1 and bridge0 interface doesn't work properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwegrzyn

Dabbler
My bridge0 interface doesn't have my main interface (em0) as a member anymore, but it did in 11.1. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

I was able to fix it with "ifconfig bridge0 addm em0" and then rebooting my jails but its temporary and requires this command again after a reboot unless I modify my rc.conf.

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
My bridge0 interface doesn't have my main interface (em0) as a member anymore, but it did in 11.1. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

I was able to fix it with "ifconfig bridge0 addm em0" and then rebooting my jails but its temporary and requires this command again after a reboot unless I modify my rc.conf.
What kind of bridge do you have setup and how did you set it up initially?

bwegrzyn

Dabbler
I didn't setup any bridge interface myself. This system was a fresh 11.1 install as of a few days ago, and I installed two fresh iocage jails (along with a VM and old warden jail that I've since blown away). Prior to updating to 11.1-U1, FreeNAS would automatically add my em0 interface to the bridge0 interface that it created. After U1 update, my jail interfaces get added to the bridge, but my em0 interface no longer does.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
I didn't setup any bridge interface myself. This system was a fresh 11.1 install as of a few days ago, and I installed two fresh iocage jails (along with a VM and old warden jail that I've since blown away). Prior to updating to 11.1-U1, FreeNAS would automatically add my em0 interface to the bridge0 interface that it created. After U1 update, my jail interfaces get added to the bridge, but my em0 interface no longer does.
I only have one Jail, an old warden jail that I have been using since I was running 9.2.something. It upgraded to 11.1-u1 without any problems but I would think the problem you have must be a bug in the upgrade that didn't properly carry your config forward.

In the long run, definitely add a bug report, but I am not sure what a good fix will be until there is an update. I am very hesitant to say that making a manual change to the ifconfig is the answer. When you submit the bug report, they dev team may offer you a better suggestion.

mjt5282

Contributor
do you have a default route set in your networking configuration? I've found some things work and some things definitely don't if you skip this step.

bwegrzyn

Dabbler
My NAS server gets a static IP assigned through DHCP from my router, so I would assume that a default route is set at that time. I prefer to assign static IPs at my router and distribute them via DHCP rather than setting a static IP on each device.

mjt5282

Contributor
In Network -> Global Configuration , check if IPv4 Default Gateway is empty.
Also Nameserver 1. Even if DHCP is enabled, it should be configured. Network summary is a double check that the required configuration is present.

bwegrzyn

Dabbler
Both those fields in Network -> Global Configuration are empty, but Network Summary shows the correct values for Nameserver and Default Route.

danb35

Hall of Famer
In the interim, you can fix this by adding a tunable:
upload_2018-1-26_6-23-53.png

Status
Not open for further replies.