Update Plex error

Status
Not open for further replies.

thhmo

Cadet
I'm trying to update the Plex plugin (0.9.11.7.803), but I get a "problem createing PBI". What to do?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
That's the version you're currently on? Could you try installing plex to a new jail to make sure the install works.

thhmo

Cadet
Yes, 0.9.1.7.803 is the version im on and trying to update to the current version 0.9.12.13.1464.
If I just install the current one there's no problem, and it shows up with jail an all, but not when I click "Update" on the "Installed" plugins tab.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Yes, 0.9.1.7.803 is the version im on and trying to update to the current version 0.9.12.13.1464.
If I just install the current one there's no problem, and it shows up with jail an all, but not when I click "Update" on the "Installed" plugins tab.
yeah, I believe that version and before had the data-directory in /usr/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd64/plexdata which made updating take forever because it had to compress/diff this directory (which could be huge).

You could copy this directory over to a working install of the latest version at /var/db/plexdata.

thhmo

Cadet
Thanks! I'm not that good at linux so I'm not sure how to copy the "old" plexdata directory to the new location.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Thanks! I'm not that good at linux so I'm not sure how to copy the "old" plexdata directory to the new location.
here's how you would do it. though I might be wrong about the datadirectory location and whether this will fix updates. I don't personally use the plex plugin, but I know some of the people who do use a script to update.

Code:
cp -a /mnt/ZPOOL/Jails/plexmediaserver_1/var/db/plexdata /mnt/ZPOOL/Jails/plexmediaserver_2/var/db/plexdata

Status
Not open for further replies.