Plex plugin will not update

Status
Not open for further replies.

pschatz100

Guru
When attempting to update the Plex plugin, I get the following error: "Error: There was a problem creating the PBI"

I am on FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201503170439. Additional details:

The plugin was originally installed via the GUI, on FreeNAS 9.2.1.5 or 9.2.1.7 (I don't remember.) I had no trouble with Plex updates after upgrading to 9.3 via the GUI.

On March 8, I did a clean install onto a new USB stick. I restored my FreeNAS configuration, then mirrored the OS to a second usb stick. Afterwards, everything ran just fine. On March 15, I updated to FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201503150158. Then I tried to update Plex to 0.9.11.7.803. No go.

On March 18, I updated to FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201503170439 then tried to update Plex. No go.

The updates to FreeNAS ran without problems. Any suggestions?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
When attempting to update the Plex plugin, I get the following error: "Error: There was a problem creating the PBI"

I am on FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201503170439. Additional details:

The plugin was originally installed via the GUI, on FreeNAS 9.2.1.5 or 9.2.1.7 (I don't remember.) I had no trouble with Plex updates after upgrading to 9.3 via the GUI.

On March 8, I did a clean install onto a new USB stick. I restored my FreeNAS configuration, then mirrored the OS to a second usb stick. Afterwards, everything ran just fine. On March 15, I updated to FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201503150158. Then I tried to update Plex to 0.9.11.7.803. No go.

On March 18, I updated to FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201503170439 then tried to update Plex. No go.

The updates to FreeNAS ran without problems. Any suggestions?
Can you try installing a second instance of plex? If that works you could always just move over your data directory. /usr/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd64/plexdata in the old jail to /var/db/plexdata in the new jail.

pschatz100

Guru
Can you try installing a second instance of plex? If that works you could always just move over your data directory. /usr/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd64/plexdata in the old jail to /var/db/plexdata in the new jail.
My current Plex version is 0.9.11.4.739_1 and the data directory is already at /var/db/plexdata. I am trying to update to 0.9.11.7.803. I should have put this information in the original post. Sorry. Is it possible that the update is looking for the old directory structure by mistake?

No worries about reinstalling. I thought it might be a good idea to bring the problem forward in case somebody else had the same issue.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
My current Plex version is 0.9.11.4.739_1 and the data directory is already at /var/db/plexdata. I am trying to update to 0.9.11.7.803. I should have put this information in the original post. Sorry. Is it possible that the update is looking for the old directory structure by mistake?

No worries about reinstalling. I thought it might be a good idea to bring the problem forward in case somebody else had the same issue.
Having the datadirectory already should stop the update from working. I'm guessing it is failing for other reasons.

pschatz100

Guru
I installed a second instance of Plex and the install went OK with no errors. However, the plugin would not start. On the forums, there are some other folks who commented that they had to install certain plugins twice in order to get them to work - in other words: install, delete, then reinstall. I did exactly that, and now the plugin starts.

Copying over the data from the previous installation went without a hitch, although I chose to delete my Preferences.xml file and reset my preferences to take advantage of some new options. I'm up and running.

It is clear to me that there are still some irregularities with the plugin framework.

Status
Not open for further replies.