Unmount volume will not go away ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanBev

Cadet
Hi,
Yeah I'm new to this.. but I need your help..
Basically I want to get rid of an existing UFS volume and start with it again, as a ZFS volume.

I don't seem to be able to get rid of the UFS volume from the GUI, so I was hoping to unmount the volume (unmount /mnt/{volumename}

This appears to work form shell, but only actually on the physical box, when typing mount, the volume has gone.. however, it's still there in the GUI.. So I reboot, and the damn thing is still there..

I must be missing some "commit these changes" command after I've unmounted, but being new, I don't really know what it is ??

Ideally, I want rid of the drive.. If i remove it (physically) it will still show up in the list of volumes, and moan that it's actually not present.

If you want to have a laugh at my expense, feel free, but when you've finished, be a pal and give me a hand here, I'm trying really hard and want to learn..

Thanks
Ian.

warri

Guru
The drive information is still in the internal database, just use the GUI to export the volume and it will go away.
Alternatively, remove the appropriate database columns (not recommended) or do a fresh installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.