Unable to start or update Plex Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

brk9422

Dabbler
Hi,

In hopes of resolving this issue: https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...nappropriate-ip-address-resists-change.43703/ I updated the base system and then planned to update the Plex jail, however after updating the base system I am now unable to start the Plex jail, nor able to update it. The service fails to start and when trying to update the jail it attempts to (seems to find an update) and then fails with an error being encountered. I am having a hard time finding any specific information, but will gladly post any information that is of use.

Please let me know, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Phil2112

Dabbler
Two questions:

1. Can you start the service from the command line? Click on the jail, click on the terminal/console icon and type: service plexmediaserver onestart

I have run into problems starting plugins from the GUI lately, so you may have a similar problem.

2. In the previous thread, were you creating a standard jail or doing this with plugins? With plugins, the only way I know how to set an ip address ahead of time is to limit the ip address range under the configuration tab and then destroy the original jail (you have to start over so that the range will take effect). When you create a new jail with a plugin it should create a jail within the range you specify, which could be only a few options if you really limit the range.

If you want to specify an ip address ahead of time, as far as I know, you would have to create a standard jail and add plex via the command line. You can specify an ip address when you create a standard jail. You can only specify a range of possible ip addresses for a plugin jail (if you choose a plugin and let that process create the jail).

ETA: You might want to do all of this from the command line if you add a standard jail. That would put more of the process under your control. There are several threads about how to do this.

Here is a link provided by nightshade00013 in another thread:

The below should work just fine for setting it up.
https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...to-install-plex-in-a-freenas-9-10-jail.19412/

Last edited:

brk9422

Dabbler
Ah, I did not know that about deleting and re-creating the jail. Blew it away and started over, all seems good now. Thanks so much Phil!

Status
Not open for further replies.