unable to replicate 11.2-U8 to 11.3-U3.1

stevenba

Cadet
A few moments after I posted this request, I once again tried the 'scan ssh key' method on the source machine. Astonishingly, it seemed to work.
The source machine shows the wavy 'replication' icon and popup 'sending' . However, nothing seems to be flowing over the interface: Link state up in and out 0Kib/s Report shows zero octets. Apparently at the instant I clicked 'save', some octets were seen. But now, well over 1/2 hour since, nothing. Still shows 'sending' but nothing on the interface. (When working 11.2-U8 to 11.2-U8, replication takes under 5 minutes.)

I would still greatly appreciate step by step instructions because I tried so many combinations, I do not know what I did to get it this far.

----------------------
I withdrew the interface cable and reconnected it.
'Sending' resumed. Now ...
... 'Sending' finally stopped and now it is back to Failed. root@10.10.20.20: Permission denied(Publickey,password)

-------------------------
Upgraded 11.2-U8 to 11.3-U3.1.
Replication task from another 11.2-U8 that used to (and still does after I reverted versions) a different 11.2-U8 ran and runs fine. Both freenas running on same LAN.
However, I cannot seem to find the correct replication setup path to get through port 22 authorization.
I tried semi-automatic and found a threat saying do it with 'manual' Tried several times with different permutations with 'manual' setup.
I thought I had pasted every public key I could find on the 11.3-U3.1 machine into the source's 'Remote HostKey' as well as the 'scan ssh key' method.
On 11.3-U3.1 I created System | SSH Connections which created | SSH Keypairs. I tried that public key.
Most often error: Failed. root@10.10.20.20: Permission denied(Publickey,password)

The upgrade was done on the target 11.2-U8 machine onto a mirrored USB boot. The original 11.2-U8 USB boots fine and is a working target of the replication.

I would very much appreciate specific / step by step instructions.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:

stevenba

Cadet
A few moments after I posted this request, I once again tried the 'scan ssh key' method on the source machine. Astonishingly, it seemed to work.
The source machine shows the wavy 'replication' icon and popup 'sending' . However, nothing seems to be flowing over the interface: Link state up in and out 0Kib/s Report shows zero octets. Apparently at the instant I clicked 'save', some octets were seen. But now, well over 1/2 hour since, nothing. Still shows 'sending' but nothing on the interface. (When working 11.2-U8 to 11.2-U8, replication takes under 5 minutes.)

I would still greatly appreciate step by step instructions because I tried so many combinations, I do not know what I did to get it this far.

----------------------
I withdrew the interface cable and reconnected it.
'Sending' resumed. Now ...
... 'Sending' finally stopped and now it is back to Failed. root@10.10.20.20: Permission denied(Publickey,password)

-------------------------
Upgraded 11.2-U8 to 11.3-U3.1.
Replication task from another 11.2-U8 that used to (and still does after I reverted versions) a different 11.2-U8 ran and runs fine. Both freenas running on same LAN.
However, I cannot seem to find the correct replication setup path to get through port 22 authorization.
I tried semi-automatic and found a threat saying do it with 'manual' Tried several times with different permutations with 'manual' setup.
I thought I had pasted every public key I could find on the 11.3-U3.1 machine into the source's 'Remote HostKey' as well as the 'scan ssh key' method.
On 11.3-U3.1 I created System | SSH Connections which created | SSH Keypairs. I tried that public key.
Most often error: Failed. root@10.10.20.20: Permission denied(Publickey,password)

The upgrade was done on the target 11.2-U8 machine onto a mirrored USB boot. The original 11.2-U8 USB boots fine and is a working target of the replication.

I would very much appreciate specific / step by step instructions.

Thanks,
Steve

Solved -- or at least a working solution.
I copied/replaced ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on 11.3-U3.1 from 11.2-U8 and it worked immediately.

Perhaps because I upgraded to 11.3-U3 and then again to 11.3-U3.1. There were some bug fixes between the 2 U3's and maybe that was what did it.

I would still appreciate a detailed step by step guide for replication from 11.2 to 11.3

Last edited: