Lost networking in upgrade from 11.2-U8 to 11.3

Fraoch

Patron
Hello,

I tried upgrading from 11.2-U8 to 11.3 and my web interface never came back.

I restarted several times, no change. I watched bootup in IPMI and noticed that it was sending pings to my router but never received any responses so it did not start up the web interface and did not configure any networking. I tried configuring networking over the two network interfaces, neither worked (if I recall correctly, the response was that there was no response on that interface so no changes could be made). The bootup did say at least one interface was up, but it looked like it was unresponsive.

The fact that I could see everything by IPMI was a clear indication my network was OK as it was using the same interface FreeNAS should be using. I checked and all ports are connected to a switch, and I can access the switch fine as well.

I changed the boot environment back to 11.2-U8 and it's working fine like it always has.

What can I do?

I looked at the network configuration page and was surprised to find only one of my network interfaces configured. I added the second. Should I also disable netwait? I presume that's what it was doing when it was trying to ping my router but gave up. Maybe it was trying to use the unconfigured interface?

Any hints or tips?

Is there anything I could show that would assist in troubleshooting? Hardware details are in my signature which should hopefully be below.

Thank you.

I faced a similar problem. After reconfiguring igb0 interface (and disabling DHCP) the network conenction worked again.

Potential root cause: updating to 11.3 enabled DHCP -> a random IP adress was assigned and did not match the WebGUI IP address. Therefore it became inaccessible.

The strange thing is that my network interface (igb0) pretended to be tied to my predefined IP address. But in fact it was using a DHCP address, I could only see this after configuring (DHCP -> no).

msbxa

Contributor
Goto system/General make sure that WebGui IPv4 Address is set at 0.0.0.0 Otherwise you'll have these kinds of problems hope this help, then move to upgrade.