Unable to Pass PCI Device to VM

zennys

Cadet
hi i am trying to pass my gpu to my ubuntu vm in truenas scale but i get this error when i try and add it

[EINVAL] attribute.pptdev: Not a valid choice. The PCI device is not available for passthru: Following errors were found with the device: Unable to determine iommu group [EINVAL] attribute.pptdev: IOMMU support is required.

can you please help?

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Welcome to the forums.

Sorry you're having trouble. Your problem is that IOMMU support is required to pass through a GPU. Get a system that has the proper support, or figure out how to configure your existing system, possibly in the BIOS settings.

Unfortunately, you've failed to provide any useful information other than a vague error message. The Forum Rules, conveniently linked at the top of every page in red, describe how to formulate a more useful problem report, especially including a detailed description of your hardware platform, the current configuration, and the steps you've taken.

Without such information, posters are left to take random guesses at what might be the problem, generating low quality answers and poor results, and many posters will just skip the thread entirely. Help us help you by providing the information requested by the Forum Rules.