Unable to create jail #11013

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharky

Dabbler
Hello ,

I'm playing with my new nas and trying to learn freebsd releated stuff. So yesterday I created a jail and installed some third party tools into that jail, everything worked . Today I tried to create another jail but I got this error "Unable to find template!" via GUI.

I found this helpful bugticket. https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/11013

The solutions is to delete data dataset snapshot, but my jail depdens on that snapshot or inherit from it.

freenas# zfs destroy -r Volume1/jails/.warden-template-standard
cannot destroy 'Volume1/jails/.warden-template-standard': filesystem has dependent clones

I used zfs destroy -R Volume1/jails/.warden-template-standard and of course after that my jail was not working anymore. Nevertheless the root issue "unable to create jail" is solved.

But how can I avoid this for the future, if I had maybe ten jails this is not a soultion ... .

Did I something wrong ?

thanks for your help !

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
The reason people see this error is because they have messed things up beyond what freenas can handle. You should delete your jail dataset from the GUI and start over. You can create 10+ jails with ease if you want just do it correctly from the gui and don't ness with the cli.

sharky

Dabbler
I had only three jails running and created them via the gui. Sure I'm new to freebsd maybe I did something wrong. But I'm not aware of. For now I pray that this was a one time issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.