Unable to create file extent; "You need to specify a filepath outside of jail root."

Status
Not open for further replies.

janjoh

Cadet
Hello!

So, I am trying to create an iSCSI file extent on a system. But, i keep getting "You need to specify a filepath outside of jail root." All attempts have been made with a full path, ending in a unique filename and of course no trailing slash.

I have tried both in an existing share, out side a share, and in a dedicated directoy with the same result. I ust be missing something simple here?

Enclosing screenshots.

Skärmavbild 2017-05-24 kl. 15.41.21.png Skärmavbild 2017-05-24 kl. 15.42.21.png

janjoh

Cadet
And what is the Jail Root (from Jails -> Configuration)?

Did not have any set. And yes, after defining a jailroot all worked. (But since none was designed, I really was outside all jails... So, maybe not the clearest error message to date :) )

D

dlavigne

Just to clarify, did you have any plugins installed? Or have you not used jails/plugins on this system at all?

janjoh

Cadet
Just to clarify, did you have any plugins installed? Or have you not used jails/plugins on this system at all?

Never touched "jails" or "plugins" at all. Brand new install. Had done nothing but configure networking, and create a NFS-share. iSCSI was my next task.

D

dlavigne

In that case, please create a feature request to improve the wording of that message at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here. As a side note, there might even be a bug in the code as adding a Jail Root did fix the issue which is a weird requirement for a system that may have no intention of using jails.

janjoh

Cadet
In that case, please create a feature request to improve the wording of that message at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here. As a side note, there might even be a bug in the code as adding a Jail Root did fix the issue which is a weird requirement for a system that may have no intention of using jails.

Status
Not open for further replies.