Unable to connect from Win7 PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all

I have used FreeNAS for over 6 months, but i have come to a very large brick wall that seems to get bigger the more i try to knock it down.

I have 3 PC's which are all Windows 7 in the house, two of which can access the FreeNAS system. But my PC is the one that cannot. My PC is a gaming PC and i use it for movies etc but i store all of my movies on the FreeNAS drives, so you can see my frustration. I hope to solve this problem with your help, i can safely say that it is my PC that is causing the problem but i would not like to have to re-install windows and 200GB+ of games.

I am using the on board internet gigabyte connector.

My PC specs (i didnt forget)

FX-8350
Crosshair V Formulaz
Dual 7970
Windows 7
250GB SSD
2TB Hard drive

Thanks in advance for your help!

russnas

Contributor
i cannot login with my windows pc, but when i change the password i can, so i have to do that everytime, ftp works fine, mac and android works with cifs,ftp. i dont know why so i avoid windows

gpsguy

If you'd given us more information, you might have gotten a helpful response.

Please provide more information, as to what services you are using and what kind of connection problem you're having with your pc.

I have 3 PC's which are all Windows 7 in the house, two of which can access the FreeNAS system. But my PC is the one that cannot.

If I make the assumption that you are using CIFS, try mapping a drive to FreeNAS from your pc. You can use a GUI in Windows, or from the command prompt.

net use [drive:]\\(IP address)\share name

or:

net use t: \\192.168.1.5\gpsguy

FritVetBE

Explorer
You might want to add the used account into your credentials manager. Like that, windows knows when you access your NAS it should used a predefined set of credentials (which is known on your NAS).

Check in control panel > Credential manager

NodakBarnes

Dabbler
When you open a run box and type the name of your server share (i.e. \\FREENAS\cifs_share) what error does it return?

Status
Not open for further replies.