Unable to add iSCSi extent

TheUsD

Contributor
TrueNAS OS: 22.12.0
ESXi: 7.0U3g-20328353-standard

Adding an iSCSi extent to ESXi. Used the wizard the first time to create the iSCSi share.
ESXi Can ping the interface of the iSCSi share.
When adding the dynamic discovery IP of the TN (in yellow), ESXi can find the TrueNAS Target and auto adds the target to the Static Target list (in green).
1678367020454.png

However, in ESXi, I do not see the TrueNAS device in ESXi "devices", nor can ESXi find the zvol I created and added in the iSCSi extents / Associated Targets when trying to add a new DataStore in ESXi.

Similar to the situation here with the exception there is no space in my pool name. The pool name, like all other pools in my other TrueNAS devices are named Pool-01, Pool-02, etc...

I am not seeing any errors from ESXi or TrueNAS, and while the ESXi host does have 4 other iSCSi LUN attached, I have ensured the LUNs are not overlapping.

I have 4 other TrueNAS systems with the same configuration connected to a different ESXi host running the same ESXi OS version. Two are TrueNAS Core and two are TrueNAS Scale (same OS and same iSCSi configuration ((I have a cookie cutter config I use)). The few differences between this Scale system and the other Scales systems is:
1) The other two Scale systems were once TN-Cores I upgraded to Scale where-as this is a straight from the ISO Scale install.
2) This Scale system is in a different network environment. Can confirm both Scale and ESXi can see each other and no FW or network related issues are being detected.

One odd thing I have noticed, and maybe this is just white-noise, is when I go back to edit the Extent in TrueNAS the "Device" is now blank and the only options are OTHER zvols. Not the zvol "device" i originally chose. Example: I have two zvols, iSCSi-TN-MISA_Replication (the zvol I am working with) and iSCSi-TN-Customers.

In the wizard (or manually creating) I will choose the MISA zvol as the device. If I attempt to go back and edit the Extent, the device is blank and the only option to choose is the "Customers" zvol as the device.

I also tried with Disable Physical Block Size Reporting on and off.

1678367462317.png

TheUsD

Contributor
bumpin, and adding in:

This is one Pool with 2 zvols and one Datasheet.

TheUsD

Contributor
No matter how many attempts of deleting the Pool and shares, then recreating both, I was unable to resolve with Scale.

I resolved this by changing OS to TrueNAS Core.

Tempted on doing an in-place upgrade to Scale from Core using the GUI to see if anything changes.