iscsi extent devices missing?

HDmac

Cadet
I've been running VM's off iscsi for weeks but today I went to start my VM's and they said the volumes were missing. They don't recognize any LUN's in the target. I then checked the iscsi extents in truenas and the 'devices' drop-down is empty and I can't select any of my zvol either.

Not sure what to do from here?

1655578295270.png

1655578331826.png

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
I've been running VM's off iscsi for weeks but today I went to start my VM's and they said the volumes were missing. They don't recognize any LUN's in the target. I then checked the iscsi extents in truenas and the 'devices' drop-down is empty and I can't select any of my zvol either.

Not sure what to do from here?

View attachment 56213

View attachment 56214

Please follow the "Forum Rules" shown above.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Can you be more specific on the rules I violated?

Mostly the background information on the system... software and hardware

"When discussing a piece of software, please provide the exact build number. For FreeNAS, this can be found at System ‣ Information. You'll also want to post the amount of RAM in the system. If additional hardware information is needed, you will be asked to attach a debug file. Debug files are created with the System ‣ Advanced ‣ Save Debug menu entry.

It's important to remember that hardware information is extremely important when diagnosing problems so please make sure to include this information if you need help troubleshooting a problem. This includes:
  • Motherboard make and model
  • CPU make and model
  • RAM quantity
  • Hard drives, quantity, model numbers, and RAID configuration, including boot drives
  • Hard disk controllers
  • Network cards"

Something unusual has gone on.. no-one else reporting something similar. So now the challenge is finding out why your system. is it software, hardware or some unusual sequence of events?

HDmac

Cadet
Mostly the background information on the system... software and hardware

"When discussing a piece of software, please provide the exact build number. For FreeNAS, this can be found at System ‣ Information. You'll also want to post the amount of RAM in the system. If additional hardware information is needed, you will be asked to attach a debug file. Debug files are created with the System ‣ Advanced ‣ Save Debug menu entry.

It's important to remember that hardware information is extremely important when diagnosing problems so please make sure to include this information if you need help troubleshooting a problem. This includes:
  • Motherboard make and model
  • CPU make and model
  • RAM quantity
  • Hard drives, quantity, model numbers, and RAID configuration, including boot drives
  • Hard disk controllers
  • Network cards"

Something unusual has gone on.. no-one else reporting something similar. So now the challenge is finding out why your system. is it software, hardware or some unusual sequence of events?
Server: Chenbro NR12000 w/ vendor mobo
OS Version:TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.1
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1230 V2 @ 3.30GHz
RAM 32GB
HDD: 2 Pools of RAIDZ2, 6x4TB HGST Coolspin and 6x1TB WD Red ssd. Both pools have zvol's that were shared on iscsi and don't show on the devices dropdown. Boot is a Kingston 240GB A400 ssd
Network: INTEL DELL X540-T2 CONVERGED Dual Port 10Gb

HDmac

Cadet
Should the devices dropdown be populated with zvols that have existing data? I created an empty zvol and it shows as a device I can select.

HDmac

Cadet
Ok so after swapping the device with another empty zvol, the old zvol with data shows up as selectable. I think the issue here is that the device is selected but not showing in the dropdown. I think my issues with the VM's is with the hypervisor.