Cadet
Good morning all. I could use some assistance. First of all, here is my info:

Truenas 12.0U4
Dell r720XD
48GB Ram DDR3 1333
Dual Xeon E5-2620
2x146GB SAS boot drives where truenas install lives
12x3TB data drives

I have had this install up and running for well over a year now with no issues. The other evening I shut it down to expand storage. We have another truenas box that is the exact same specs as this one that we were using an add-in HBA along with a Dell Power vault MD1200 to add an additional 12 drives. That box is no longer in use, so I moved the HBA into this box and attached the Power vault looking to add storage to this box instead. Once I booted back up, the server recognized the drives, but once truenas booted I'm getting stuck on the "Connecting to TrueNAS ... Make sure the TrueNAS system is powered on and connected to the network." SSH and SMB shares are still working though.

I did a bunch of searching on this forum and tried restarting the middlewared service, restarting the nginx service, rebooting the box multiple times, i even tried using cli from the console to update to 12.0U8 which was successful, but i still cant get the gui. I am not seeing anything on the console output when trying to connect as some of the folks here have.

I should also mention that I am not on-site with the server, I use the iDRAC to connect to the console. I don't see how just having the MD1200 attached could cause this but then again I could be wrong.

Is there anything anyone can suggest? Any logs I can grab to provide? This is driving me insane lol.

heyitsdan03

Cadet
Also tried activating the second NIC (it was hooked up but the port was disabled on the switch side) and setting a different IP... Same issue.