Unable to access SMB shares after rebooting TrueNAS server

Louis_Cyphre

Cadet
Hi everyone.

I am running a TrueNAS 12.0 Stable with 2 8GB disks in a RAID1 mirror. I have been running Plex on the pool for over a year now with out any problems.

Today i shut down the server so that i could change it's location. Then i simply powered it up again. After rebooting the machine, it's internal IP changed. No big deal, i can access the server via the new IP and log in. Everything seems normal. I can use Plex without any problems. The strange thing is now when i open Windows File Explorer and go to Network, the TrueNAS is not visible on any of my 3 PC's. BUT, i can access it through Quick Access on all of them, as it is one of the places i visit the most on these machines.

Does anyone have an idea what has happened? How can the server become invisible under Network in Windows file explorer, but still be accessible from a shortcut?

ps. I also use Total Explorer and it can not see the server either under Network.

Regards,
Heimir

Were the shares (on your client PCs) made permanent via an attached network folder and/or mapped drive?

If not, you can try clearing the credentials and restarting explorer.exe as well.

Code:
net use * /d /y

taskkill /f /im explorer.exe

start explorer.exe

Otherwise, try re-adding them with the new IP address or hostname.

Louis_Cyphre

Cadet
Hi and thanks for the reply.

To answer the first question, no, these shares just appeared in windows under Network in File Explorer once they were created in the TrueNAS OS.

I did try to clear the credentials and shutdown and restart the file explorer as you suggested but no luck. Not sure how to add the shares by the IP.

As you can see, the name of the share FREENAS appears under both Quick Access and Network on the sidebar, but if I open Network, it's nowhere to be found. It's like this is on all 3 PC's btw.

1642371785433.png