Unable to Access port 8080

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Ramirez

Dabbler
Hi All,

I recently created a VM in Freenas. Installed Ubuntu Server and Jenkins. Jenkins uses port 8080 for its web UI. I created another VM in virtual box and I am able to access that port with no issues. Any ideas? Is there some special configuration I need to setup. Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards

Nick2253

Wizard
I'm confused. Are you, or are you not, able to access port 8080? Is there only one VM you can't access port 8080? Or is it that you can only access the Jenkins port from another VM?

Daniel Ramirez

Dabbler
I'm confused. Are you, or are you not, able to access port 8080? Is there only one VM you can't access port 8080? Or is it that you can only access the Jenkins port from another VM?

Sorry for the confusion. I cant access that port number from any machine on the network (the VM on Freenas). I also created a second VM using virtualbox (to test things out) and I have no problem accessing that port from any machine on the network. I hope that cleared up the confusion.

Nick2253

Wizard
Ok, let's backup. We've got a lot of things going on here. I'm going to take a stab at summarizing what's going on:

First, you've got your FreeNAS. On your FreeNAS, you created a VM, and within that VM, you set up Ubuntu Server and Jenkins. On your client PC (?) which runs Windows (?), you set up a VM in Virtualbox. That VM also runs Ubuntu Server (?) and you installed Jenkins on that VM (?).

From at least some device on your network (?), you are able to access Jenkins is the VirtualBox VM. However, you are unable to access Jenkins on the FreeNAS VM.

Now, let's start troubleshooting. Can you access the FreeNAS VM in any way? Can you ping it? Can you SSH to it?

Nick2253

Wizard
Are you sure that Jenkins is starting successfully on the VM? Are you seeing it open port 8080? Do you have a firewall on the VM that would be blocking access?

Status
Not open for further replies.