SOLVED Ubuntu accessing SMB Share

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew076

Patron
I have a VM machine setup on my system.

I have window's PCs which accessed these shares over the network and stored dated on them.

I created a Read Only NFS share and mounted the locations. Once mounted, I can see the first level of folders (for example, I mounted /mnt/Media and once mounted I could see the folders located in /mnt/Media/ such as Documents, Music, Videos, Pictures. However no sub fodlers or data.

I can't seem to figure out how to get this to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cdiddy

Dabbler
is it safe to assume that you made sure the permissions were recursive through the child directories?
it kind of sounds like you gave read permissions to the parent directories (/mnt/media/music, mnt/media/videos, etc) but not to anything INSIDE these directories...

Andrew076

Patron
is it safe to assume that you made sure the permissions were recursive through the child directories?
it kind of sounds like you gave read permissions to the parent directories (/mnt/media/music, mnt/media/videos, etc) but not to anything INSIDE these directories...

Lets assume I didn't. How would I do that?

Andrew076

Patron
I was able to figure it out.

When I was writing the mount command:
\\freenas\Documents /mnt/Media/Documents cifs credentials=/root/.smbcredentials,ro,gid=1000,uid=1000 0 0

I didn't realize what the gid and uid stood for. My CrashPlan user id was actually 1003...

So that may have been part of it in the end I it is working. (I also re did all of the CrashPlan How To so I am not 100% sure that was the issue. In anyevent it seems to be working now so that is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.