Two Windows 7 Machines same logon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher Joyson

Contributor
Hi

I have my laptop PC which I used for setting up my Freenas has the same log-in name and password as my Desktop. I can log See all my shares with both computers but when I try to do anything with the desktop it isn't allowed.

My desktop was Chris joyson my laptop was Chris_joyson the desktop is now a copy of the laptop login Chris_joyson and both now have the same password.

This is a windows 7 workgroup with both set to a work location, runnign Freenas 9.3 Stable.

Should I have a different user name for each computer and add both to Freenas or should it work?

When I try to change permissions on my desktop PC

I see the users Everyone, media (Unix user\media) and media (FREENAS\media) for my media shares
and the users Everyone, Wheel (Unix Group\wheel) and (FREENAS\Chris_joyson) for my Documents

Freenas User Chris_joyson is also in media group as well as wheel.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
You can connect from multiple computers using same credentials.

There might be a subtle difference between passwords on both machines.

Increase logging verbosity to and review /var/log/samba4/log.smbd for credentials being attempted.

Christopher Joyson

Contributor
How would I increase logging Verbosity and can this be done via the GUI

Christopher Joyson

Contributor
Hi

Copied the log.smdb but there's that much info I cannot see where to look is there a search term I should look for.

I do See the following, which looks like there is no name registered but there again Idont have any experience in translating all this info:

check_ntlm_password: Checking password for unmapped user []\[]@[NXTZ-PC] with the new password interface
[2015/01/18 16:32:56.001470, 3, pid=84002, effective(0, 0), real(0, 0), class=auth] ../source3/auth/auth.c:180(auth_check_ntlm_password)
check_ntlm_password: mapped user is: [FREENAS]\[]@[NXTZ-PC]
[2015/01/18 16:32:56.001485, 10, pid=84002, effective(0, 0), real(0, 0), class=auth] ../source3/auth/auth.c:189(auth_check_ntlm_password)

Christopher Joyson

Contributor
Ok

All Sorted it seems when I changed my Desktop log-in to Chris_joyson instead of Chris joyson the log-in (to Freenas) remained as Chris joyson so I renamed that account again than added a new user Chris_joyson

I found this by searching fro my name (just put in Chris).

Thanks again for the Info.

Status
Not open for further replies.