Two image pulls in one container

SAINT

Dabbler
Hey all, is is possible to pull two images in one container with the SCALE GUI? I can't seem to find any documentation on this.

I need to run nginx with mysql in the same container, but for whatever reason I can't seem to get it to work with a docker compose file. Individually, both run when I set it up through the TrueNAS GUI using the "Launch Docker Image" option. Has anyone found a way to pull two images into the one container with the GUI though?

Cheers!

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I think you need to do a little more research on your docker/container theory.

An image is what's used to create a container. (and vice-versa)

Therefore, you can't put more than one image into a container.

You can build "apps" or "services" with tools like docker compose or helm charts in kubernetes which put containers together to make them into a complete unit. (TrueNAS SCALE implements Kubernetes, so using helm charts is the way on that platform)

You can also build containers separately and use the internal kubernetes DNS to have them talk to each other... but for a need as simple as yours, maybe you can already find something that meets the need in TrueCharts (https://truecharts.org).

sretalla