Two days in a row strange error emails from the NAS, do i have to worry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

senior_hombre

Explorer
Hi,
i do not know where to put this thread, i hope it fits this subform:
My freeNAS data server runs for at least 2 weeks now and suddenly yesterday i got this email from the NAS:
Code:
freenas.local kernel log messages:

igb0: link state changed to DOWN
igb0: link state changed to UP
igb0: link state changed to DOWN
igb0: link state changed to UP

-- End of security output --

i googled for this message but could not find anything special, especially because there is no additional error message, it seems like the network device/connection got disconnected and then connected again, and then again. Is this something to worry about? Anyway i though i will wait if it comes again before i ask about it here in the forum.

Today i got an email again but with a different message:

Code:
freenas.local kernel log messages:

ugen0.4: <SIGMACHIP> at usbus0 (disconnected)
ukbd0: at uhub1, port 3, addr 4 (disconnected)
uhid0: at uhub1, port 3, addr 4 (disconnected)
ugen0.4: <SIGMACHIP> at usbus0
ukbd0: <SIGMACHIP USB Keyboard, class 0/0, rev 1.10/1.10, addr 4> on usbus0
kbd2 at ukbd0
uhid0: <SIGMACHIP USB Keyboard, class 0/0, rev 1.10/1.10, addr 4> on usbus0

-- End of security output --

this message seems not to be related to the first one but as there where no emails the first weeks i am a bit worried now.

I did not noticed any functionality issues with the NAS, i just want to ask if i have to worry about this? Should i maybe check some logs or something?

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
I think you can ignore those. The first one says your network disconnected temporarily. The second one says that the usb keyboard you have plugged it went offline for a second. As for the second one, I do sometimes get those---it is usually associated to a power line anomaly, where the USB port drops for some reason just for a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.