Tweaking MiniDLNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

phenam79

Cadet
Hello all. Been having a read through the forums and learning quite a lot about plugins running under freenas.

I have managed to install and get up and running minidlna. I can see the server and all the files it has scanned. I am able to stream media from it.

The only thing I have not managed to find out is how to sort the media it scans. What I mean is on my freenas server I have two main 'video' folders. Tv series and Movies. In the minidlna.conf file I have specified two media_dir for the respective types of 'video' folders. However, when I am viewing the folders from XBMC or any upnp capable software, the media seems to be all listed in one lot. It has not separated the two types of media i.e. tv series and movies. Its all listed in one huge list. Im not sure if it is possible to separate the files/folders it scans. Ive searched as best I can with different key words but have not had any luck with how to do it.

Any help in the right direction is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

joeschmuck

Old Man
The only work around for this is to list your media by folders/directories and most players can do that, you just need to specify to view folders. Realize that all the media you are talking about are video so MiniDLNA lumps them together if you are not looking at a folder view.

phenam79

Cadet
Ah! I understand what you mean, dont know what that didnt occur to me haha. Thanks for the heads up. Its working how I want it now :)

joeschmuck

Old Man
I separate my video files too otherwise it's a pain to scroll through so many at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.