Trying to remove pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whotaketh

Dabbler
This should be a fairly simple procedure, but (and I made sure to review the docs this time), I can't seem to figure out how to remove 'Drive1-2tb' from my Volumes list (see attached). I'm running 9.2.1.5.

On boot, the system is telling me to remove the disks because they're going bad (yet the gui here says the drive is healthy), so I copied all the data onto 'Red', and now I want to offline 'Drive1-2tb' and repurpose it for something else. Problem is, when I follow the instructions for Replacing a Failed Drive in the docs, I go to Storage → Volumes → View Volumes → Volume Status , but there is no option to view the Volume Status (and by extension, offline the thing). In a nutshell, I've never had my Volumes list look like Figure 6.3s, and I can't select the disk (double clicking doesn't do anything either). Help?

Attachments

• Screenshot (28).png
    Screenshot (28).png
    106.8 KB · Views: 642

cyberjock

Inactive Account
If your pool doesn't have redundancy then you don't offline a disk.. you have to detach the whole pool.

Also, you said you copied all the data onto "Red". But Red has 144kB used while "Drive1-2TB" has 680GB of data. So I'd say you haven't copied anything to "Red".

Whotaketh

Dabbler
Sorry, didn't refresh the page before screengrabbing. Red's at 1.7TB now.

As for detaching, I still can't seem to do that because I can't select the volume. I can hover and the line will turn that light shade of blue, but clicking won't bring up the Detach dialog in Fig. 6.3m.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Because 6.3m is where you detach a disk. You need to detach the volume. Different screen and different instructions for detaching a volume versus offline a disk.

Whotaketh

Dabbler
? 6.3m is "Detaching or Deleting a Volume". Reading right above the step for detaching a volume: "If you click the entry for a ZFS volume, eight icons will appear at the bottom of the screen. In order from left to right, these icons allow you to..." I don't get those eight icons because nothing happens when I click a volume.

Whotaketh, I had this problem.

You need to use IE to see the icons..... It doesnt appear under Google Chrome :-/

joeschmuck

Old Man
Firefox is my preferred browser for FreeNAS.

danb35

Hall of Famer
You need to use IE to see the icons..... It doesnt appear under Google Chrome :-/

I'm not sure what about your configuration makes it this way, but this isn't true as a universal statement. The buttons appear just fine for me using Google Chrome (on a Mac, in case it makes a difference).

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Usually browser custom settings, addons, etc cause problems. As a general rule we tell people to run from IE because we are 100% aware that IE does not properly render FreeNAS' WebGUI.

Elo

Contributor
I had the same problem under Windows . Chrome not working but everything worked fine under IE... Could not even expand the Pool to see the volume breakdown
clear.png

Whotaketh

Dabbler
Usually browser custom settings, addons, etc cause problems. As a general rule we tell people to run from IE because we are 100% aware that IE does not properly render FreeNAS' WebGUI.

As a general rule, I use IE solely to download other browsers on initial setup and then avoid it like the plague. However in my case, it seems IE is the only one that will properly display the disk options. I'd love to do it in Chrome, but removing extensions just so Freenas will be happy is kind of a non-starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.