TrueNAS Scale - Nextcloud Truecharts - trusted domain issues

canosgmk

Dabbler
Hello,

I read through all 5 of the other threads and the only one that looks like it had answers, an admin typed on there to do not use #VIM to edit config.php.

TrueNAS Scale: 22.02.4
Nextcloud Truecharts: 25.0.1_19.0.13

Using a desktop (windows) to remote in to the server

My user level is - NOOB! -

So, after a month of reading and trial and error, i have a DDNS from freeDNS pointing to my server (expamle, not real IP: 10.10.10.10). Ports 80 and 443 is open on my router. turns out i still couldn't get to my NextCloud application. A friend of mine said to use my DDNS name and add (exp):9999 (the port listed in nextcloud), so i popped in "examplename.weeee.com:9999" and boom, i see my nextcloud, but the trusted domain name isn't accepted.

Soooo, i looked through for a week on all the forums of truenas and nextcloud and it seems like this fix is outdate and not possible now.

What i have tried:

-I tried going through the TrueNAS CLI Shell option on the server. can't find the config.php

-Tried going through the Linux Shell option on the server. can't find the config.php

-Tried going through the Shell by TrueNAS/systemsettings/shell. Was able to get to nextcloud files by : “sudo docker exec -it $(sudo docker container ls -q --filter name=k8s_nextcloud_) bash”. but “#vim /var/www/html/config/config.php” doesn’t work. Editing config/config.php = permission denied…

-tried looking through the GUI of the “nextcloud” app/edit settings. nothing there to help.

-also tried going through the SHELL of the nextcloud app it’s self. claims i have zero permissions to do anything there.

At the end, i would LOVE for truenas scale to put in JAIL or add a line in the GUI (edit) screen or make it clear how to add a DDNS or a domain to access the apps.

Please let me know how to get this done. I refuse to put anything on my server until i can get the remote function going. IE: i want to break it before i lose any data. lol

Thank you for your time.

canosgmk

Dabbler
Just a follow up: the issue I was having is the way scale is programmed. It is possible to do the way I was trying (ddns to the system), but it is unstable with each update. it is much easier with truenas core and their Jail option.

-what I had to do was to move my port in truenas scale to 81 and 444 respectfully.
-buy a domain (I went to cloudflare)
-under cloudflare dns settings, I had to put a minimal of 3 lines: A - domain.com - to my IPv4 address / A - www - to my IPv4 address / cname - files.domain.com - domain.com
-open port in my router 80 and 443
-install trafika and set up iaw truechart’s video
-wait about 30mins to an hour.

now it works.

I found the way to get to config.php for TrueCharts installed NextCloud.
From the app, goto shell, select the pods dropdown and pick the third from the bottom.
config.php is in the config folder.

sfatula

Guru
You could always set a hostpath for config.php so it's editable from Truenas, unless you are using PVC storage of course. Or you could use the IX version of the app. Or, you could use the docker version. Or, you can follow Truecharts doc on how to mount PVC storage if you are using it to edit the file. etc