TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.3.3 Pool disconnect error

GunSu

Cadet
Hey there,
Had issue with disconnecting one of two pools which was containing also system dataset but before I did disconnect I moved system data set to other pools thru web gui "System Settings/Advanced/Storage" and there now I see other pool as master for for system dataset. Also before export I disabled all shares.
And when I disconnecting Pool I get following error:
EFAULT] cannot unmount '/var/db/system/syslog-5a0a2a47cd884dbcbe527966286bfc29': pool or dataset is busy
Error: concurrent.futures.process._RemoteTraceback: """ Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/zfs.py", line 210, in export zfs.export_pool(pool) File "libzfs.pyx", line 465, in libzfs.ZFS.__exit__ File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/zfs.py", line 210, in export zfs.export_pool(pool) File "libzfs.pyx", line 1334, in libzfs.ZFS.export_pool libzfs.ZFSException: cannot unmount '/var/db/system/syslog-5a0a2a47cd884dbcbe527966286bfc29': pool or dataset is busy During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 243, in _process_worker r = call_item.fn(*call_item.args, **call_item.kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 115, in main_worker res = MIDDLEWARE._run(*call_args) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 46, in _run return self._call(name, serviceobj, methodobj, args, job=job) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 40, in _call return methodobj(*params) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 40, in _call return methodobj(*params) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1382, in nf return func(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/zfs.py", line 212, in export raise CallError(str(e)) middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] cannot unmount '/var/db/system/syslog-5a0a2a47cd884dbcbe527966286bfc29': pool or dataset is busy """ The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 428, in run await self.future File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 463, in __run_body rv = await self.method(*([self] + args)) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1378, in nf return await func(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1246, in nf res = await f(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/pool.py", line 1690, in export await self.middleware.call('zfs.pool.export', pool['name']) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1395, in call return await self._call( File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1352, in _call return await self._call_worker(name, *prepared_call.args) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1358, in _call_worker return await self.run_in_proc(main_worker, name, args, job) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1273, in run_in_proc return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1258, in run_in_executor return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs)) middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] cannot unmount '/var/db/system/syslog-5a0a2a47cd884dbcbe527966286bfc29': pool or dataset is busy

Also I tried to disconnect pool thru shell with command:
zpool export Pool-2
But get such error:
cannot unmount '/var/db/system/syslog-5a0a2a47cd884dbcbe527966286bfc29': pool or dataset is busy

Another option which I try is NAS CLI where with command:
storage pool export id=Pool-2
I tried to export pool but in this case there is issue with syntax error for "Expected end of text, found 'i'
In NAS CLI case does does anyone know how to check Pool ID and what then should be correct syntax for pool export?
And general question to TrueNAS support and any other user how you suggest to fix such Pool export error without reboot and/or destroying Pool dataset as it was recommended in many other Threads regarding ghost dataset?

Thank you
GS

Papa G

Cadet
I think I had the same issue as you. This got me to the closest solution: it's potentially a bug where somehow the location for the System Dataset Pool gets changed to one of the vdev pools (I never did that, but it was the only pool I created as a quick test because in the previous version of scale it was getting stuck on creating new pools), causing the issue since you can't delete the pool where logs are written to.

My solution? Create a new pool, change the System Dataset Pool to the new pool (it'll moan about how it failed because of the same issue), restart, and then I could finally delete the pool I wanted to. However, I can't get it to correctly go back to the boot pool? When I go back to the interface it now shows "boot-pool"? Does it eventually switch over or is this a lie? lol I can't tell, but I'm happy the pool is finally gone.