TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02-RC.2 on TRUENAS-MINI-3.0-X+ w 64Gb RAM

I'm the lucky recipient of a TRUENAS-MINI-3.0-X+ with 64 Gb of ram. Since this will be my new NAS (replacing an ubuntu zfs build) I have a little bit of latitude with learning Scale, and experimenting a bit here.

Firstly, I noticed that the k3s process seem to eat up about 10 - 25% of a single CPU at all times, even when no applications are configured to run. To stop this, remove the ix-applications dataset from the installed pool. I don't plan on using k3s so this is not a big loss for me at this time. It seems a bit complicated but that's most likely due to my lack of k3s knowledge / experience.

If you're an old linux guy like me, learn from my mistake. Do NOT ssh to the device, go root, then do "apt update && apt upgrade". You may need to rebuild your NAS if you do this, as lots of things do NOT work properly if this is done. While apt seems to be safe for installing some basic applications (iperf3, vim, etc) it is not yet 'the way' to maintain the OS. If you install any applications that affect pre-installed applications, or update pre-installed applications (other than the ones you've installed yourself) this seems to break things in very imaginative ways.

I can't seem to properly utilize the vlans I have setup in my network yet. Every time I attempt to test the network changes, it fails and backs out. I'll keep playing with this, as I would like to setup a KVM on a separate vlan at some point. It's probably documented somewhere and I'm missing a simple step... ;-) Currently I have the port enabled as a trunking port, with untagged packets going automatically to my MGMT vlan.

So far my largest issue (if you could call it that) by far is getting a consistent 10Gb out of the onboard GbE interface. iperf3 shows sending FROM the X+ can hit 10Gb/Sec, but sending TO the X+ was initially maxed out at 5Gb/Sec. In a moment of insanity, I even enabled jumbo frames on the X+ and my Proxmox hypervisors and am now able to get 7Gb/Sec from the X+, but not consistently. My other 10Gb devices have IPs on the same vlan as the X+ which takes the router out of that equation, and my devices are able to get 10Gb to each other in both directions.

I've even taken the linux network tuning sysctl settings from one of the other 10Gb boxes and applied them to the X+, but I see no change.

One thing I did notice is that iperf3 does take up 100% of the CPU on a single processor in the X+, and the process itself is single threaded. It's entirely possible that iperf3 itself, on the X+ with a C3758, cannot hit 10Gb reliably due to iperf3 hitting a single threaded CPU limitation...

Has anyone else seen a similar issue with the X+, it's 10GbE interface, and Scale? If you have an X+ and have been experimenting with Scale, what have you learned?