TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02-RC.1 Installed apps don't always show up and slow to deploy

oumpa31

Patron
I upgraded to TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02-RC.1 and everything seamed like it was going fine yesterday. I noticed that when I went to installed apps they didn't show up right away so I gave the system a few minutes to settle in and they still were extremely slow to show up. When they finally did I noticed some apps from the official catalog and truecharts hadn't started. So I clicked start and they took almost 10 minutes to deploy. On 21.08 these apps worked fine and would deploy in a few minutes in not faster.
Has anyone else run into this?

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
You are probably seeing a change to make App and Catalogs download/update in background so that other tasks could be done while this is happening. It will be slower, but less disruptive for production operations.

truecharts

Guru
@morganL There is a difference between installed apps and downloading catalogs. The change you refer to doesn't (significantly) impact when Apps (should) show up after being installed ;-)

@oumpa31 Our CI limit is 4 minutes and most Apps from us should install within 2. If it's significantly longer, that's highlights a problem somewhere on the installing system :(

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
@morganL There is a difference between installed apps and downloading catalogs. The change you refer to doesn't (significantly) impact when Apps (should) show up after being installed ;-)

@oumpa31 Our CI limit is 4 minutes and most Apps from us should install within 2. If it's significantly longer, that's highlights a problem somewhere on the installing system :(
Are there no network dependencies?

In any case, would like to hear if other people are seeing much longer app deployment times... after catalog is downloaded.

truecharts

Guru
Are there no network dependencies?

In any case, would like to hear if other people are seeing much longer app deployment times... after catalog is downloaded.
We've had a few reports about that, most showed up straight after install and they just reinstalled without ever filing a Jira ticket about it :(