TrueNAS SCALE 22.02.0 (Angelfish) - Create VM - Disk Path Does not Exist

gefidalgo

Cadet
When I create a VM though the GUI, I get the Following error when trying to start it:

[ENOENT] attributes.path: Disk path /dev/zvol/Disk-01/Virtual Machine/Ubuntu/Harverster241-OS does not exist.

More Info:

Error: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 175, in call_method result = await self.middleware._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=self, File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1275, in _call return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/service.py", line 907, in create rv = await self.middleware._call( File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1275, in _call return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1129, in nf res = await f(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1261, in nf return await func(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/vm/vm_devices.py", line 148, in do_create data = await self.validate_device(data, update=False) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/vm/vm_devices.py", line 463, in validate_device raise verrors middlewared.service_exception.ValidationErrors: [ENOENT] attributes.path: Disk path /dev/zvol/Disk-01/Virtual Machine/Ubuntu/Harverster241-OS does not exist.

I tryed removing the Disk device, and creating a new one. I see the Zvol to select it but when trying to apply I get again the same error and the Disk Device is not added.

Any ideas?

EDIT: the space within the Dataset name and consecuently on the ZVOL path is producing this error. I Have a TrueNAS Core with same path name (I give my dataset for VMs on all my hardware the same standard naming) and this error does not ocur. I Know the space was not a good idea but it never gave a problem until now. :confused:

Last edited:

jasonarher

Cadet
TrueNAS doesn't give you any other option though. I keep seeing that setting up these spaces are bad ideas, but I can't seem to find anyone giving an alternative to adding Disks to a virtual Machine besides what the software allows(granted, it doesn't because it says that the path doesn't exist). Do you happen to know a better option for mounting disks(hardware) to virtual machines in TrueNAS?

Thanks,
Jason