TrueNAS not reachable from other subnet

Brostin

Cadet
Greetings to the Community,
I am a new Italian user of the Community and I hope you forgive me if in my first post I can make mistakes.
To communicate I am using the Google translator.
I have read what is indicated by Administrator Josh and I will try to respect what he suggested.

I have, at the moment, installed TrueNAS-12.0-RELEASE on a virtual machine on my ESXi 5.5.0 and my aim would be to get to know the product and then buy a suitable hardware and put it into production. The virtual machine hosting the TrueNAS has 8 GB of Ram - 1 processor and 4 cores. The installation process went well and I successfully reach the management interface at the web address indicated by TrueNAS.
Currently the NAS is working on DHCP waiting to assign an IP to the machine. The network configurations have therefore been acquired correctly but I cannot reach the NAS from my physical location, where I basically installed vSphere, and which works on a different subnet from the one where the NAS is present. I want to specify that the 2 subnets are perfectly communicating and on the same I have various servers that I can easily reach from my workstation.
The problem is therefore the following: I reach the nas from a server belonging to its subnet but I can't even ping it from the other. I checked the parameters that TrueNAS has acquired from DHCP and they are correct, both as regards the subnet and as regards the Gateway of that subnet which is common to all server machines present on the subnet. Is it perhaps a Firewall problem inside TrueNAS? I hope I was able to explain myself. Thank you so much everyone

Quindi queste sottoreti funzionano tramite VLAN? Se ti capisco correttamente, potresti dover rendere consapevole di freenas il traffico taggato. Altrimenti tutto ciò che esce ed entra esce senza tag, il che probabilmente non è quello che vuoi.

Sto solo ipotizzando, questo potrebbe non essere il caso.

Brostin

Cadet
Ciao, vedo che mi rispondi in Italiano ma deduco attraverso un traduttore. Ti confermo che le 2 sottoreti lavorano su vLan e che fanno parte di una rete più estesa dove esistono altre vLAN. Per quanto mi riguarda mi basterebbe che il NAS fosse raggiungibile da entrambe le sottoreti. Per portarti un esempio il nas è sotto la rete 10.40.81.x con ip 10.40.81.10 e vorrei poterlo raggiungere dalle postazioni delle seconda sottorete 10.40.40.x. Dentro la rete 10.40.81.x il nas viene raggiunto da tutte le postazioni. Le macchine sotto la seconda sottorete no. Nella realtà le 2 reti si vedono perchè ho server e workstation su entrambe le sottoreti e si vedono perfettamente. Solo in NAS viene visto dalle macchine della sua sottorete.
Grazie per l'aiuto

Così penso che dovresti informare Freenas del VLANs.

Brostin

Cadet
I want to close the post by informing that I managed to ping the Truenas from another subnet after having manually entered the relevant gateway in the LAN configuration. Maybe simpler than expected but I couldn't. Thank you all