TrueNAS does not show up under network connections with new router

BuffTofu

Dabbler
I recently got a new router (tp-link Archer AX300) and Modem (Motorola DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem) and everything set up perfectly coming from Xfinity’s garbage gateway, except my TrueNAS system (repurposed HP prebuilt from about 8 years ago) does not show up under wired connections (it is connected with an Ethernet cable from the motherboard to the router as I don’t have a switch).

I have rebooted it many times, reconfigured the IP address, and tried multiple different cables, but it just won’t show up from my router admin portal, nor the TrueNAS web interface. Is this a router problem, a driver problem or does it need to plug into the modem via a switch?

Any advice is welcome.

BuffTofu

Dabbler
Fixed: IP address was configured incorrectly and needed to be reconfigured for the new network.

pyfooty

Cadet
A similar thing happened to me where I did a factory reset on my router so all my saved IPs got wiped. When I rebooted TrueNas it of course got reconfigured with a new IP (although in network settings, it's the old IP but it doesn't work). It is accessible at the new IP though.

It also doesn't appear on my router - how did you reconfigure the truenas for the new network?

I have my main router that shares an ethernet to a bridge router upstairs. The truenas is plugged in to the bridge ethernet.

BuffTofu

Dabbler
A similar thing happened to me where I did a factory reset on my router so all my saved IPs got wiped. When I rebooted TrueNas it of course got reconfigured with a new IP (although in network settings, it's the old IP but it doesn't work). It is accessible at the new IP though.

It also doesn't appear on my router - how did you reconfigure the truenas for the new network?

I have my main router that shares an ethernet to a bridge router upstairs. The truenas is plugged in to the bridge ethernet.
I got it all working. My router just didn’t like IPs in the range I had originally.