Ping IP of TrueNAS-12.0-U5.1 - does not show name

bearhntr

Dabbler
I have just built this TrueNAS system today. I am using an old NAS box which used to run XigmaNAS (simple 2 drive box) with Tiny motherboard inside. I installed the TrueNAS today, from a GPT (UEFI) Flash Drive onto a 32GB USB drive. No problems there. System came up like a champ.

I walked though the guide, since I have an RSVP on my Netgear ORBI Router, and this has always worked...I set IPv4 and IPv6 to DHCP/AutoConfigure. This is also working. It gets the same IP address that it always has had. I am able to access the Web Console with no problem. I am able to MAP a drive to the datastore that I created.

My frustration is that when I use ping -a xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx from my Windows 10 box (with the mapped drive) - I get no name resolution. I cannot figure out why. I can PING the name and I get the IPv4 or IPv6 address back, but not the other way around.

All other devices (save my Samsung Smart Appliances - which have never worked) will resolve this command and show the name and the address.

I have rebooted this thing 10 times, and even rebooted the router - makes no sense to me.

bearhntr

Dabbler
I have decided to remove the TrueNAS and go back to XigmaNAS. Too many issues