TrueNas 22.02.3 -> 22.02.4 won't boot after upgrade

RodrigoLopes

Dabbler
Hello All,

I just did an upgrade from version 22.02.3 to the latest patch/version 22.02.4.

As normal i backed up everything and initiated the upgrade.

As soon as the download and install finished Truenas prompted that it would reboot, so far everything ok.

Then after 10minutes i still wasn't able to reach the GUI.

I went to the "DC" and as soon as i got there i saw the DISK LED all on without flashing and no output on the monitor.

I waited for 30 minutes and the situation presisted. I tried the reset button and no change. After all failed attemps, around 1 hour i decided to pull the plug.

Now it won't boot or give me a post.

I will try connecting a monitor with HDMI instead of the one i'm using with an adapter from HDMI to VGA. But i don't believe i will see anydiference in behavior.

Has anyone tried to upgrade and had the same issue?

Best regards,

Rodrigo

No POST at all is usually a hardware type issue - POST occurs long before any OS is selected or booted; you should get a POST even with no drives attached.

Has the screen with the HDMI-VGA adaptor worked before? I would generally be suspicious of that.

Do you have fans, spinning drives, motherboard status codes etc? What motherboard?

RodrigoLopes

Dabbler
Forgot to update the thread.

O left the system off for 10hours +/- and after that and a few tries it booted normaly.

Did a full HW check and everything came back clean....

Probably something strange during the upgrade or the boot.

I had all Fans spinning and disks had power but didn't start to spin up. Motherboard status light were normal too that's why i thought it was strange.

The adapter has always worked and it's working now.

If i see any odd behavior again i will be sure to update the thread.

But thanks for the reply ;)