TrueNAS 13 Core System - SSH Connections spins creating a connection to the replication target

Dave Hamby

Dabbler
I upgraded from Core 12 to Core 13 today. I found that the replication task had been failing. Connection failed. So I attempted to recreate the SSH connection on the originating machine. I complete the dialog. When I click submit, the dialog just spins. For a close approximation of forever. Target login and password are supplied. Source private key is selected. Source Public key is transferred to the target and saved. All looks good. Replication source SSH public key is known to target root user. But it just spins until I reload the page.

Is it broken? have I overlooked something?

Thanks,
Dave Hamby
Dismal Wizard

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Please read the Release Notes for 13. This is a known issue:

By default, TrueNAS 12 cannot initiate a replication to or from TrueNAS 13 due to an outdated SSH client library. Allowing replication to or from TrueNAS 13 to TrueNAS 12 requires allowing ssh.rsa algorithms. See OpenSSH 8.2 Release for security considerations. Log into the TrueNAS 13 system and go to Services->SSH. Add the SSH Auxiliary Parameter: PubkeyAcceptedAlgorithms +ssh-rsa.

Dave Hamby

Dabbler
I goofed doing the migration. I didn't read the fine print and switched trains. I dropped back to the prior boot environment and repeated check for updates and applied the 12 to 13 update from current train on both hosts. Replication is now happy. Thanks Samuel. Still one more thing to sort.