Truecommand config disappears after reboot

mtindall1

Dabbler
Added systems and created a cluster, but after rebooting the system that houses the truecommand container the entire config disappears. Systems added to cluster and cluster itself disappears and has to be done over again.

NugentS

MVP
Have you set up a permanent location for the TC config files?
A container by default is ephemeral - a reboot / restart is a completely new build.

mtindall1

Dabbler
Have you set up a permanent location for the TC config files?
A container by default is ephemeral - a reboot / restart is a completely new build.
Where would I set that up? I do have a 50T dataset setup called TrueCommand. Not sure where this information gets put so that it remains persistant.

NugentS

MVP
It depends on how you are running TC.
On Scale - not ideal - you don't self manage - so I hope this is an off-scale installation

mtindall1

Dabbler
It depends on how you are running TC.
On Scale - not ideal - you don't self manage - so I hope this is an off-scale installation
Unfortunately this is an On-Scale deployment. I can attempt to make an install elsewhere if there is a preferred method and/or OS type.

NugentS

MVP
Basically you shouldn't be running TC on one of the Scale devices in the cluster. If you get issues with the host then management vanishes with the host. No preferred OS / method. It should just not be on one of the Scale Cluster hosts
However having said that - in a steady state it should work.

[As a caveat for my next bit - I don't do things the way that TrueCharts reccomend, and I am not a docker / container expert. I also don't use any IX containers. I do have Truecommand, but its on a portainer host elsewhere. Also I acknowledge the warning about "choose anything other than PVC could break rollback". I don't use rollback cos I don't understand how the permanent storage works with it. I may have gone down the wrong rabbit hole - which I am now stuck with for the moment]

I have a /mnt/"pool_name"/docker dataset with a truecommand dataset under that. apps owns the whole thing - create this please

Under Storage & Persistence, under App Config Storage set a "host path (simple)" and point it to the truecommand dataset you created earlier. This should put the config files in a permanent location.

Test this - if it works on a reboot / restart of the container it shows you where your problem lies.

You could then try PVC (without the simple) - you will have to set TC up again - that might be permanent I don't know