True Charts:Home Assistance - How to install community add-ons

gwaitsi

Patron
True Charts:Home Assistance - isn't really much use if you can't add the community addons.
I need to install Nginx Proxy Manager to support my ecowitt weather station, and other integrations to support other kit around the house.

Is it possible to include the community add-ons? is there a how-to guide?

LarsR

Guru
you're asking in the wrong place.
the guys from truecharts very rarely check the forums.
Your best bet for your question would be their discord server.

gwaitsi

Patron
you're asking in the wrong place.
the guys from truecharts very rarely check the forums.
Your best bet for your question would be their discord server.
not very helpful there.

truecharts

Guru
not very helpful there.

Interesting: How so?

Because the answer is pretty simple:
"Addons" are home-assistant their variant on "apps" and are only available on their VM or bare-metal based versions. Not on their "core" container run on other apps/docker platforms.

So the whole addon thing simply does not exist on home-assistant ran as a SCALE App.
(nor does it make any sense either)

gwaitsi

Patron
Interesting: How so?

Because the answer is pretty simple:
"Addons" are home-assistant their variant on "apps" and are only available on their VM or bare-metal based versions. Not on their "core" container run on other apps/docker platforms.

So the whole addon thing simply does not exist on home-assistant ran as a SCALE App.
(nor does it make any sense either)
why would it not make sense? connecting devices e.g. weather stations, etc. is mostly done through addons that other people have created. Not allowing addons serverly limits the usability

truecharts

Guru
why would it not make sense? connecting devices e.g. weather stations, etc. is mostly done through addons that other people have created. Not allowing addons serverly limits the usability

Because their docker version, is just that: home-assistant.
It does not contain a supervisor or operation system to run docker itself, which is required for their Addons.

It would mean creating a docker-in-docker solution, which is going to give users a lot of confusion... because ports aren't going to be forwarded.

It's not about 'not allowing', addons are simply a thing for two different products from Home Assistant. Their Core (container) offering, is simply not compatible/part-off their addon ecosystem

sfatula

Guru
truecharts is correct. The docker is made by homeassistant and that's the way it works. To use homeassistant, I have installed on a VM in scale. I am using the homeassistant OS in a VM so everything functions smoothly. No issues at all.

DaSnipe

Explorer
You can install the Community Store and addons inside TrueCharts Homme Assistant for example, but external packages like NPM nope

1679705467788.png

andyjay777

Dabbler

victort

Guru
Can you explain how you installed the HACS please?
It’s a VM. You need to install it as such. Addons are only available that way.

If you go to the home assistant website, you can download the VM image.

truecharts

Guru
Can you explain how you installed the HACS please?

If you need any help with our charts, feel free to reach out to us directly.
We sadly-enough do not have the capacity to also provide much assistance on third-party forums.

I guess he can't

Our staff, including @DaSnipe , is not on these forums much as we have our own support channels

It’s a VM. You need to install it as such. Addons are only available that way.

If you go to the home assistant website, you can download the VM image.

HACS is fully available in our chart.

victort

Guru
If you need any help with our charts, feel free to reach out to us directly.
We sadly-enough do not have the capacity to also provide much assistance on third-party forums.

Our staff, including @DaSnipe , is not on these forums much as we have our own support channels

HACS is fully available in our chart.
Sorry. I was thinking of addons still…