Trouble with AFP share and Lightroom 5.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark88

Dabbler
Hello everybody,

right now I am using my freenas 9.2.1.5 with CIFS shares enabled to access the data from a mavericks 10.9.3 without any trouble. Because I want to create a TimeMachine share for backups on the server I tried to use the AFP share option to create my shares. I can access the the data from the mac without any trouble, after it automatically uses the AFP shares instead of the CIFS shares.

The trouble starts when Lightroom 5.4 comes into play. The software freezes while trying to access the shares with the import feature. During this process the finder freezes as well. I cannot get any access with Lightroom on the AFP shares. The only solution so far is to switch off AFP completely to use CIFS shares instead, but then I cannot run an TimeMachine Backup on the freenas server.

Any suggestions or solutions to resolve this issue?

Shark88

Dabbler
Where should I have a look for those logs? But since Apple is moving away from AFP towards SMB, I decided to switch all shares to CIFS and used some tricks to use TimeMachine on such a share, so there is no need for AFP any more in my situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.