Share access eroding(ed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiceTry

Explorer
I've enjoyed trouble-free service from my FreeNAS installation for several years.

I upgraded to v9.2.1.3 from v8.(something) a few weeks ago. All went well. Good file access, speed, convenience, everything worked.

I installed miniDLNA and after a few miscues learning how Jails operated, it worked as well. That was about two weeks ago.

Recently my shares slowly, over several days, became inaccessible. It seemed like, folder by folder, from the bottom up, the access was not available. No notice, no errors reported other than the server connection eventually dropping out without comment. Remounting worked but navigating into the file structure caused my access to stall. Eventually this happened at higher and higher levels of the file structure until now the top level will not mount. This happens with AFP, CIFS and NFS.

Strangely, miniDLNA is able to serve out streams from the files I can longer get at. Just share access is affected.

I'm using OS X 10.9.2. This problem has shown up on two separate computers.

Any clues to the cause of this erosion of access?

D

dlavigne

That's strange. Anything related in /var/log/messages of either the FreeNAS system or the jail?

NiceTry

Explorer
That's strange. Anything related in /var/log/messages of either the FreeNAS system or the jail?

Nothing stands out in the log. The symptom has now gone away, possibly after a reboot (or two). I've not been able to replicate the problem. Anyhow, it healed itself somehow and I don't know why.

I've activated the log footer so if it happens again, I might get some clues.

Why do you think it might be jail related?

Thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.