trouble updating IP address

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chadi

Explorer
I have freenas installed and was working fine. However, I've moved to a new data center and had to update the primary subnet on the server. The problem is, no matter what I follow on the bootup freenas menu (off usb stick), I am still unable to access the GUI.

I even modified the nginx.conf file manually too as even after following the freenas menu options to update default network, static network, etc. the old IPs were still shown in the conf file. I changed them, saved, rebooted. Same issue. Can't even ping.

Any ideas? Correctly routed on the switch too, double checked.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Assuming that in your manual edits you didn't totally break things(yes, if you are editing files you are probably doing something terribly wrong).

Did you try resetting the configuration of your NICs from the local menu option(3 if i'm not mistaken)?

If you can ssh in but can't use the GUI you probably have a firewall somewhere that is blocking the http or https port(as applicable).

Chadi

Explorer
I can't ssh either. I had a crash cart hooked up when I was trying this. I tried virtually every option on the menu.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Yeah, sounds like oyu need to examine your network settings on your FreeNAS box. I would say post the output of "ifconfig" and "netstat -nr" but you can't really do that. Maybe a picture from a camera?

Chadi

Explorer
How would I run those tho when the server boots off the USB? Is there a shell option?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You bootup FreeNAS and go to the machine locally.. that's where the menu is for the network reset and configuration I mentioned earlier. There's a shell option on that menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.