Transmission wont switch on

Status
Not open for further replies.

berboo

Dabbler
Hi,

The red toggle of Transmission Plugin wont turn on. It says : "some errors occurred", see screenshot.

What's the problem? Where can I find the log of this errors?

Thanks a lot

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2018-03-07 à 00.05.25.png
    Capture d’écran 2018-03-07 à 00.05.25.png
    168 KB · Views: 403

berboo

Dabbler
In /var/log/messages.

Thanks a lot

Here are the errors. What does it mean?

Code:
Mar  6 23:44:20 freenas uwsgi: [freeadmin.navtree:614] An error occurred while u
nserializing from http://192.168.1.152/plugins/transmission/3/_s/treemenu: Expec
ting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)											
Mar  6 23:45:15 freenas uwsgi: [plugins.utils:88] Couldn't retrieve http://192.1
68.1.152/plugins/transmission/3/_s/status: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (cha
r 0)									

D

dlavigne

What's your FreeNAS build version (from System -> Information)? Have you ever switched to a nightly train? Those column errors tend to occur when you restore a config made on a nightly on a stable version.

berboo

Dabbler
What's your FreeNAS build version (from System -> Information)? Have you ever switched to a nightly train? Those column errors tend to occur when you restore a config made on a nightly on a stable version.

Nop, absolutely not. I didn't change anything since first install few months ago...

FreeNas version : FreeNAS-11.0-RELEASE (a2dc21583)

Alecmascot

Guru
Did you reboot the jail ?
Have you tried a re-install ?
The plugin works fine on 11.1U2.

jasemo

Dabbler
Hi folks,

Thought I'd ask here before starting a new thread - are there any other suggestions other than try to re-install? Does anyone know what causes this problem?

I'm on my fourth Transmission install/re-install after trying everything I can google but the "Service status" switch still is stuck at OFF and I have this message in the log:

Code:
Jun  6 01:36:10 freenas kernel: arp: 192.168.200.200 moved from 02:ac:50:00:05:0a to e0:d5:5e:11:15:38 on epair0b
Jun  6 01:39:15 freenas kernel: ifa_maintain_loopback_route: deletion failed for interface lo0: 48

Does anyone have any suggestions? Are there any guides to avoiding the plugins and using the command line instead?

Cheers.

Last edited:

jasemo

Dabbler
Through a lot of messing about I may have been able to make a little progress. - The service status switch does not work, but I can get it to listen at its IP address by going into the jail and running "service transmission onestart".

However it's still borked as the webpage posts:
Code:
403: Forbidden
Unauthorized IP Address.

Either disable the IP address whitelist or add your address to it.

If you're editing settings.json, see the 'rpc-whitelist' and 'rpc-whitelist-enabled' entries.

If you're still using ACLs, use a whitelist instead. See the transmission-daemon manpage for details.

I can't find any settings.json file anywhere, and have no idea how to progress.

Is there anywhere better that I can ask questions about getting these plugins to work?

Alecmascot

Guru
settings are at /var/db/transmission/settings.json

jasemo

Dabbler
Thanks for the reply, Alecmascot. Unfortunately, no they're not.

"/var/db/transmission/" is totally empty. Any reason this might be the case? Has anyone done an install recently with the plugin on 11.1-U5?

Alecmascot

Guru
As you have had no success with the plugin :

I just did a quick test on my backup server.
I created a warden jail which was 11.0 of course. Use advanced settings to assign an ip address and gateway.
Then from within the jail do a "pkg update" then I just followed this :
https://www.fontenay-ronan.fr/torrent-transmission-freebsd/
down to the firewall bit.
Set whitelist to "false" and you can access the web interface on port 9091.
Add the nano editor if you prefer "pkg install nano"

So then I trashed that jail and installed the plugin and that worked fine......

Last edited:

jasemo

Dabbler
Mate, thanks for the response - sounds promising.

Sorry to ask, but is there a guide for setting up a FreeNAS "Warden jail"? My experience is only with the using danb35's script to setup an iocage jail and the Transmission plugin.

Alecmascot

Guru
It's in the main documentation....

jasemo

Dabbler
Ah, sorry. I see warden is the older style, iocage the newer. Since most talk was like: "Create a jail" (without stipulating "warden"). I thought warden might be another type again.

- Everyday's a school-day.

Cheers.

jasemo

Dabbler
Alecmascot - just wanted to say thanks so much for the link. I did a little experimenting and got that process to work in an iocage jail without any real difficulty. Sorted out the permissions - works like a charm.

Cheers again.

Status
Not open for further replies.