The single thing I crave in freenas daily !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Genton

Contributor
If only one change was to be had in FreeNAS I abandoned all others for the current output of disk temps in the gui interface. I have several different scripts from forum sources in which I have doctored up to better suit my needs or environment but none of them fill the gap of having a tab available to show current temp at any given time its accessed. For all my freenas boxes in production as well as those used in labs where freenas is the heart of my labs but not always in the temperature controlled environment where my designed production data center network, storage, and compute platforms and systems run.

My personal production FreeNAS has a Recon module with temp sensors, fan controls and even offers remote access but that's not supported nor available when used in a FreeBSD system such as this. Even if so, its another interface when as a Data Center Consultant we're driving customers towards that single pane of glass for both management and configuration. So in my opinion, in my life it would be helpful to me, and this is my feature request. So those craving to flame any post out there, just let it go instead of telling me how I dont need it or wouldn't use it, please ...for that reason I rarely post here which again shows how much I would appreciate this one feature to avoid running scripts via shell window in gui.

thanks in advance for listening,
dave

cyberjock

Inactive Account
/me *pours gas on this flamewar!*

You do realize this has been discussed, to death. I believe it is in the works for FreeNAS 10. It hasn't been created yet i the FreeNAS 10 builds I've seen. But it is "scheduled".

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
You can schedule things in one hand, and poop in the other, and see which gets filled up first.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Status
Not open for further replies.