The proper way to configure a Fibre Channel connection between a Windows 2019 Server and FreeNAS

I followed this wonderful resource to enable Fibre Channel support within FreeNAS, even though I realize Fibre Channel isn't officially supported in FreeNAS.
  • My intention is to link this FreeNAS server to a Windows 2019 Server purely as a backup storage device, and in each of the FreeNAS and Windows servers, I have a QLogic QLE2672 card with 2x 8G fibre connections, both of which are direct-patched between the two servers.
    • I've loaded the QLogic drivers onto the Windows Server and when using the QLogic GUI, I can see the ports linked.
    • In Windows Disk Manager, I can see the block drives from FreeNAS, however, the link doesn't appear to be stable and I've noticed that often one of the ports goes to 'disabled' or 'loop down', and, when writing to the disk from Windows, it starts out ok then completely freezes.
  • I was hoping to have the two links configured either as load balancing (active/active) or primary/redundant, and I'm suspecting there's something amiss with my configuration/setup of the fibre-channel links.
Can anyone shine any light on what I might be missing from this configuration or perhaps point me in the direction of some resources that might help, as a search on the topic doesn't really bring up anything helpful?

sretalla