The allocated space for my Zvol is significantly surpassed by its current usage.

jhemley

Cadet
Hello, I'm running TrueNAS Scale as my SAN, with individual Zvols assigned to each SAN drive. One specific Zvol hosts my Plex VM, initially configured for 8TiB, yet it's consuming over 14TiB. I maintain backups in two locations, both on-site and off-site, making it quite costly. I'm puzzled about the excessive space usage, considering I've set it to retain snapshots for only 2 weeks. As far as I understand, snapshots should only occupy the space equivalent to the changes made to the drive. However, I haven't increased the Plex drive by 7TB in the past 2 weeks, so I'm unsure why this significant increase in size has occurred.

Additional note: The Plex VM is reporting its size in VMware as 6.5TB.

An update: I deleted all snapshots, which restored the capacity to 8TiB as expected. However, upon taking a new snapshot, the size instantly surged to 14.2TiB

sretalla