Syntax errors with Sonarr on FreeNAS 11.1-U5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiknNutz

Patron
I have happily been using Sonarr for a couple years now. I noticed a while back that no new TV shows were downloading to Plex. I looked at Sonarr, and nothing has been pulled for 3 or 4 weeks now. I have looked at all settings and they seem fine. Something seems odd with Sonarr. I go to any show, click to search, and it never finds anything to download for any series. Seems unlikely that there are no viable NZBs available. If I go to the manual search for a show, there are a pile of NZBs there, but it seems something is bad with every single one of them. Just seems unlikely. I have tried this with several series all to no avail. I use CouchPotato for shows and that's working just fine, so I know my Usenet provider is working. Just curious if I am alone here.

ChiknNutz

Patron
Research indicates this is a problem with "mono" and I found this thread: https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/sonarr-syntax-error-when-downloading.66895/#post-465711

Question...is there a way to accomplish the mono update w/o deleting the jail and starting over? Or, is there a way to preserve what I have in my jail since I have a lot in there as related to Sonarr. I am not totally sure of all the implications of deleting the jail, but I assume I will lose all of my settings but more importantly, will I lose all of my Sonarr episodes?

ChiknNutz

Patron
I guess not?

gt2416

Patron
You can copy the sonarr data directory, usually under /usr/local/sonarr (depends on the version). You should set it up like this anyway so that anything happens to the jail the sonarr data dir is always safe.
- Mount a new dataset inside the jail to store sonarr data dir
- Copy the Sonarr directory with permissions to the mounted folder (cp -rp /usr/....)
- Delete / recreate jail.
- Dont start the sonarr service.
- Delete the new data directory it created (if its there, it shouldn't if you didn't start it), and mount the dataset with your sonarr data into the new jails sonarr data dir. (which you create first)
- Start sonarr, all done.

ChiknNutz

Patron

Kiskaa

Dabbler
So far NO, but still trying. Will try what gt2416 just posted.
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/problem-with-updating-radarr.62447/page-2#post-468045

There is also info in there on how to update the mono side of things using scripts.
However, as suggested, its probably easier to just remake the jail, I used iocage, and preferring this command line system over the plugins. Seems to work much better.

Also, this might be of use to you to look into.
https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...bd-and-plex-in-iocage-jail.68338/#post-470603

Just make sure before you make new installs, as gt2416 said, backup your existing data, then restore once everything is updated.
I don't know if you're using Warden jails or iocage jails, but if you're having to update a few things, now is probably a good time to look into moving over to iocage jails ready for 11.2 onwards.

ChiknNutz

Patron
A lot of this stuff is beyond me, really. I spent the effort back in 2015 researching and figuring out how to set this up as a home media server (used to have a Windows Home Server that's now obsolete) and do little to it other than add media to it. I don't know what iocage is but assume it is a recent addition/change to the system. I am using whatever was used back in 2015 and whatever was updated since then thru the various OS iterations.

Status
Not open for further replies.