Syncronization Replication / Freenas

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbelizario

Cadet
Hey,

I have 2 FreeNas servers and in both i have a pool name data and a dataset named files.
This structure:

Server Pool Dataset

Server1 Data Files
Server2 Data Files

I just want to both servers are syncronized. What i can do for this?
I already try to create snapshot task on Server1, later replicate snapshot to Server2 and up this snapshot to the Dataset "Files" of the Server2, work perfectly, but when i create task on the Server2 to make the same thing (Snapshot > Replication to Server1 > Up the snapshot), the Server2 don't create the snapshot, because already have a snapshot of this Pool. In the log var/log/messages of the Server2, i have the follow message:
"Cannot create snapshot : dataset already exists no snapshots were created".

What i can do to have my 2 servers sync ? I don't want to use rsync, because i have a lot of small files, totaly size its 200 GB and i can't every time check all files and look for new files.

Have a solution for replication / Syncronization problem?

Grats!

Victor

papageorgi

Explorer
victor i'm not sure if you saw that freenas does support this in terms of copying incrementally one server to the other. as for comparing two servers i do not recall anything other than rsync as you mentioned.

if you would like to try synchronizing them together once and have one server be the master and the other a backup you could try replication but you can also say have each server be a master for partial data to have some load balancing.

using the freenas gui, you can click on storage -> zfs replication (you can use shell as well).

Attachments

• Screenshot - 08022013 - 10:47:01 AM.png
    Screenshot - 08022013 - 10:47:01 AM.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 320

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Think Unison was intended to handle this, but is not yet included.

The usual solution is to use one server as the master and the second as backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.